Survey project co-ordinator internship
The Association of European Vehicle Logistics (ECG) is looking for a Project Co-ordinator intern who will be in charge of the preparation of the Survey of Vehicle Logistics in Europe, a book of over 400 pages on the Finished Vehicle Logistics (FVL) sector. The biennially published Survey is a comprehensive review and forecast of the FVL industry and is used as a reference guide for members and other actors involved in this sector, including the car manufacturers.
The chosen candidate for the internship will represent the project towards the membership of ECG and will be the main point of contact for gathering, analysing and organising the content. The candidate will also be responsible for running a dedicated working group. This is a unique opportunity to manage a project from start to finish, which has a very concrete and tangible output.
ECG represents the interests of more than 140 member and partner companies, from family owned SMEs to multi-nationals. ECG companies are active in all transport modes in Europe – road, rail, maritime and inland waterways. They provide transport, distribution, storage, preparation and post-production services to car manufacturers, importers, car rental companies and vehicle leasing operators across the EU as well as in Norway, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Russia and beyond.
Here is what we are looking for:
- University degree in economics, management, international relations, communications or equivalent,
- Strong time management and organizational skills,
- Keen eye for detail,
- Robust skills in IT (in particular MS Office)
- Team player and ability to adapt to a small, multicultural team,
- Legally & logistically able to work in Brussels.
- Be able to demonstrate relevant work experience
- Good knowledge of another European language is an asset, especially French,
- Good understanding of InDesign graphic design software,
- An understanding or keen motivation to learn on the automobile/logistics industry.
WHAT YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Preparing and co-ordinating the ECG Survey of Vehicle Logistics in Europe,
- Reaching out to member companies for the gathering of relevant information and data,
- Making sure deadlines are met so that the book can be published in October 2022,
- Working together in a small team with a Project Manager and an external Graphic Designer.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to work in a multicultural team and gaining a first-hand understanding of the FVL and automotive industry,
- A competitive remuneration package through a ‘contract of professional immersion’,
- This is a full-time internship of 6 months, which will include two weeks of paid holiday.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your CV together with a covering letter (both as separate pdf files) to Ms. Szilvi Kiss at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Project Co-ordinator’ by close of business on 28 January 2022.
Interviews for the position will be held in February and the internship will start on 16 March 2022. The chosen candidate shall be available for the whole duration of the project, i.e. until 15 September. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.