EU Affairs & Office Management INTERNSHIP
The Association of European Vehicle Logistics (ECG) represents the interests around 130 member and partner companies, from family owned SMEs to multi-nationals, and is the major champion of the European vehicle logistics sector. ECG members provide transport, distribution, storage, preparation and post-production services to manufacturers, importers, car rental companies and vehicle leasing operators in the European Union, Norway, Switzerland, Serbia, the Russian Federation, Ukraine, Turkey and beyond. Today, the companies involved have an aggregate direct turnover of over €23bn. They employ directly more than 145,000 people and over 300,000 when adding the indirect effects.
We are offering the opportunity to recent graduates or young professionals, with a strong interest in the automotive industry (more specifically its transport & logistics aspects) and in the management of European associations, to get first-hand experience of all aspects of ECG’s activities in Brussels.
The nature of the work performed will be dependent on the current ECG work programme and resource needs. Mentoring and support will be provided by the existing ECG team to help the intern integrate with colleagues and to learn as much as possible on the logistics aspects and on association administration.
TYPICAL TASKS INCLUDE:
- Basic office administration including invoice processing, mail handling and dealing with requests from members,
- Arrange flights & travel for the ECG team, but not only,
- Provide logistical support for ECG meetings, briefings and presentations,
- Assist with the organisation of ECG events (some travel abroad may be required),
- Monitoring of EU affairs related to the automotive and transport sectors,
- Attending relevant events and represent the association,
- Assist with compilation of the weekly newsletter ECG News and updating of the website,
- Assist ECG Managers with their workload as appropriate.
- University degree in economics, management, international relations, communications or equivalent,
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English (native equivalent),
- An organised working style with an ability to meet deadlines,
- A pro-active attitude and good phone manner,
- Robust IT skills, not limited to MS Office,
- Keen eye for detail,
- Team player as well as autonomous, able to adapt to a small, multicultural team.
- An understanding or keen motivation on the automobile and/or logistics industry,
- Knowledge of other European languages (French, German, Italian or Spanish is a strong asset),
- Experience in graphic design software (Adobe Photoshop/InDesign) and/or Bulk email programs (Mailchimp).
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a full-time internship of 6 months, starting as soon as possible, with real opportunities for personal and professional development. There is a possibility to extend the internship to 12 months depending on performance. We offer interesting and varied work in a friendly multi-national atmosphere, where our interns get quickly involved in many different activities.
We provide a competitive remuneration package through a “contrat d’immersion professionnelle”, amongst the top quartile of equivalent offers in Brussels.
HOW TO APPLY?
We would kindly ask you to send your CV together with a covering letter to Ms. Cliona Cunningham at email@example.com with the title ‘Internship’ by close of business on 9 October. The interviews will take place in October (preliminary interviews will be held online) and the position will be filled as soon as the right person is found.
Please do not apply for this position if you are not legally & logistically able to work in Brussels.
Due to high volume of applicants, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.