The Digitalisation Working Group is open to all ECG member representatives and OEMs.
The following topics have recently been discussed in sub-groups:
- FVL message development together with the VDA and Odette: This was a joint project on the elaboration of targeted messages in the supply chain. The project lasted for more than two years and a great number of companies were represented. The Process description document was published in June 2020, accompanied with annexes that detail the XML and EDIFACT message templates. These can be downloaded from Odette International’s website.
- Close-range vehicle identification: The group is working on a recommendation for a standardised VIN label in the supply chain. The document is expected to be published in the Summer of 2020.
- Connectivity audit of logistics sites: This was a Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi, PSA Groupe and Port of Nantes Saint-Nazaire initiative to elaborate audit specifications for measuring the connectivity level of logistics sites. The document containing the audit specifications and the results of the forst audit was published by ECG in July 2020.
- e-gate and slot booking applications: A short briefing document was published in April 2020.
- Autonomous Vehicles: this group was convened in 2019 and early 2020. The topic seems to be too early as Autonomus Vehicles are expected on compounds at around 2030 by the members. The group will be on hold for some time and in 2021 the group will re-assess if they can re-open the conversations.
Sub-groups will be formed as necessary to develop specific issues.
How to join?
For more information or to join the WG please contact Szilvi Kiss.