Survey Project Co-ordinator
The Association of European Vehicle Logistics (ECG) represents the interests of over 100 companies, from family owned SMEs to multi-nationals, and is the major champion of the European vehicle logistics sector. ECG Members provide transport, distribution, storage, preparation and post-production services to manufacturers, importers, car rental companies and vehicle leasing operators in the European Union, Norway, Switzerland, Serbia, the Russian Federation, Ukraine and Turkey and beyond. Today, the companies involved have an aggregate direct turnover of over €27 billion. They employ directly more than 116,000 people and over 400,000 when adding the indirect effects.
The biennial Survey of Vehicle Logistics in Europe is a comprehensive review and forecast of the industry and is used as a reference guide by manufacturers and logistics service providers alike. The task of the Project Co-ordinator will be to prepare from start to finish a book of over 400 pages which will then be distributed to the vehicle logistics and automobile manufacturers industry. Not only will you gain valuable experience on working in a project, but this is also a great opportunity to get your name known in the industry for future references.
The person who we are looking for is a proactive and well-organized individual who can quickly react to changing situations and has a great eye for detail. Moreover, the ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to meet deadlines and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- University degree or at least two years of relevant work experience,
- Strong time management and organizational skills,
- Keen eye for detail,
- Robust skills in IT, especially MS Office,
- Team player and ability to adapt to a small, multicultural team.
- An understanding or keen motivation to learn the automobile/logistics industry,
- An understanding of graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign.
- Knowledge of other European languages.
WHAT YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Preparing and co-ordinating the ECG biennial Survey of Vehicle Logistics in Europe,
- Reaching out to companies for the gathering of relevant information and data,
- Working together with a project in a small team together with a Project Manager and a Graphic Designer.
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to work in a multicultural team by getting a first-hand understanding of the vehicle logistics industry. We offer a competitive remuneration package through a ‘contract of professional immersion’. This is a full-time internship of 7 months which is in the highest category of equivalent opportunities in Brussels and which will give valuable working experience on a project with tangible results.
HOW TO APPLY?
We would kindly ask you to send your CV together with a covering letter to Mr. Jari Jokinen at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Project Co-ordinator’ by close of business 9 February. The interviews and the position will be filled as soon as the right person is found. The chosen candidate would start desirably by the beginning of March. Due to high volume of applicants, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.