ECG BUSINESS ANALYST
ECG requires a Business Analyst to provide support to our members – the Association of European Vehicle Logistics.
Reporting to the Executive Director the position is full time but will not necessarily be based in the Secretariat offices in Brussels. The position would suit someone who wishes to work from home and could, within reason, be based anywhere in Europe. While it is envisaged as a full time role it could potentially suit someone who prefers to work as an independent. A certain amount of travel will be required, mostly for ECG board meetings and to attend key ECG events.
A start date of 1st October 2019 at the latest is envisaged, candidates should be available accordingly.
- Research all available industry data sources
- Identify necessary data purchase opportunities to support the role
- Produce and keep updated an overview of all production sources in geographic Europe including production capacity and models produced
- Produce various reports covering vehicle production and sales flows to ECG members
- Build and develop relationships with key contacts at automotive OEMs – use these to gain knowledge of relevant future developments regarding production and, where possible, future technology (CASE) in order to brief members
- Build and maintain an understanding of any legislative changes in Europe that are likely to impact on the finished vehicle logistics sector and inform the ECG membership appropriately
- Deliver an annual lecture to the ECG Academy on production and sales volumes
- Respond to specific ad hoc demands generated by the ECG board
Knowledge, skills and experience requirements
- Self-driven and motivated – independent and able to self-manage
- Able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Able to communicate well at all levels
- A high level of written and spoken English is essential – any other language skills will be an advantage
- A good working knowledge of MS Office with excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Any experience or prior knowledge of the automotive or logistics sectors would be a distinct advantage
To apply plese contact Mr. Mike Sturgeon, Director of ECG at the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address. In the title please indicate "Business Analyst position".